Charles Zhang, CFP®, MBA, MSFS, ChFC, CLU
CEO and Founder
- MBA - Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Executive Education - Harvard Business School
- MA in Economics - Western Michigan University
- Executive Education - Columbia University
- MS in Financial Services - The Institute of Business and Finance.
- NAPFA - Registered Financial Advisor
- Charles Zhang was named the #1 Financial Advisor in Michigan by Barron's in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018. *
- Charles was ranked #6 on Barron's list of the nation's Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors for 2018 and is the highest ranked Fee-Only NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor on the list.**
- Ranked #7 in the nation on Forbes' list of America's Top Wealth Advisors for 2018. He is the highest ranked NAPFA-Registered fee-only Financial Advisor and the highest ranked (#1) Independent Advisor on the list.***
- Out of more than 10,000 advisors in a leading national financial planning firm, Charles Zhang was ranked #1 by the time he was 29.
- COUR Member (The Committee on University Resources) - Harvard University
- Steering Committee Member for Columbia College - Columbia University
- Benefactor of Columbia University
- Previous adjunct professor of Finance at Western Michigan University and served on the advisory board for the Haworth College of Business.
- Author of the book "Make Yourself a Millionaire" (McGraw-Hill, 2003)
- Often interviewed and quoted by many national media outlets including Wall Street Journal, CNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Barron's, Reuter's, Associated Press, Forbes, Yahoo! Finance, U.S. News & World Report, CNN, MSN Money, Fox Business, PBS, and Financial Times.
*As reported in Barron's February 18, 2013, February 22, 2014, February 23, 2015, March 5, 2016, March 4 , 2017, and March 10, 2018. Based on assets under management, revenue produced for the firm, regulatory record, quality of practice, philanthropic work and other factors.
**As reported in Barron's September 15, 2017. The ranking reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms, the quality of the advisors' practices and other factors. For fee-only status see NAPFA.org.
***As reported in Forbes September 13, 2018. The Forbes ranking of America’s Top Wealth Advisors, developed by SHOOK Research, is based on an algorithm of qualitative criteria, mostly gained through telephone and in-person due diligence interviews, and quantitative data. Those advisors that are considered have a minimum of seven years experience, and the algorithm weighs factors like revenue trends, assets under management, compliance records, industry experience and those that encompass best practices in their practices and approach to working with clients. Portfolio performance is not a criterion due to varying client objectives and lack of audited data. Neither Forbes or SHOOK receive a fee in exchange for rankings.
Minimum investment requirement: $1,000,000 in Michigan, $2,000,000 outside of Michigan.
Investment Advice offered through Zhang Financial, a Fee-Only Wealth Management Group.