Products & Services
At Zhang Financial, you will be happy to know that no conflicts of interest are imposed by the constraints of proprietary products, investment banking relationships, or other activities that may be inconsistent with your needs. Zhang Financial is supported by one of the largest independent research organizations in the industry with access to timely, detailed information, computer-modeling tools, and market intelligence. We thoroughly analyze the research provided and select those investments best suited to your unique financial situation.
- An ETF, or exchange traded fund, is a marketable security that tracks an index, a commodity, bonds, or a basket of assets. Unlike mutual funds, an ETF trades like a common stock on a stock exchange.
- Dimensional Fund Advisors (DFA)
- Dimensional is a global investment manager dedicated to implementing the great ideas in finance.
- No-load mutual funds
- A no-load fund is a mutual fund in which shares are sold without a commission or sales charge. This occurs because the shares are distributed directly by the investment company, instead of going through a secondary party.
- No-load annuities
- A no-load investment is one in which the investor is not charged a commission fee — like a no-load mutual fund. Certain insurance companies offer “no-load” variable annuities, which are sold directly to investors and do not require commissioned sales people or brokers (but can often be purchased through brokers).
- An investment certificate is an investment product offered by an investment company or brokerage firm designed to offer a competitive yield to an investor with the added safety of their principal.
- Stocks and Bonds
- Stocks, or shares of stock, represent an ownership interest in a corporation. Bonds are a form of long-term debt in which the issuing corporation promises to pay the principal amount at a specific date. Stocks pay dividends to the owners, but only if the corporation declares a dividend.
- 529 Plans
- A 529 plan is a tax-advantaged savings plan designed to encourage saving for future college costs. 529 plans, legally known as “qualified tuition plans,” are sponsored by states, state agencies, or educational institutions and are authorized by Section 529 of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Fee-Only Asset Management Programs
- Fee-only financial planners are registered investment advisors with a fiduciary responsibility to act in their clients' best interest. They do not accept any fees or compensation based on product sales. Fee-only advisors have fewer inherent conflicts of interest, and they generally provide more comprehensive unbiased advice.
Financial Planning & Services
- Financial Position Analysis
- Protection Planning
- Investment Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Estate Planning
- Employee Stock Option Planning
- College Planning
- Profit Sharing Plan
- Defined Benefit Plan
- Simple IRA
- Roth IRA
- Traditional IRA
Minimum investment requirement: $1,000,000 in Michigan, $2,000,000 outside of Michigan.
Investment Advice offered through Zhang Financial, a Fee-Only Wealth Management Group.