Managing Partner & CEO
Charles Zhang, CFP®, MBA, MSFS, ChFC, CLU
- MBA - Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Executive Education - Harvard Business School
- MA in Economics - Western Michigan University
- Executive Education - Columbia University
- MS in Financial Services - The Institute of Business and Finance.
- NAPFA - Registered Financial Advisor
- Charles Zhang was named the #1 Financial Advisor in Michigan by Barron's in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. *
- Charles was ranked #4 on Barron's list of the nation's Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors for 2017 and has been ranked in the Top 10 every year since 2015.**
- Ranked #8 in the nation on Forbes' list of America's Top Wealth Advisors for 2017 and is the highest ranked Independent Wealth Advisor on the list .***
- Ranked Top 3 on Registered Rep's list of "America's Top 100 Independent Advisors" in August 2010.****
- Ranked by Barron's as one of the nation's Top 100 Financial Advisors nine times since the list's inception in 2004.*****
- The #1 Ranked Family Team in the Nation by Research Magazine 2005-2008.****
- Charles is the ONLY advisor in the nation selected as a top advisor by BOTH Worth Magazine and Barron's each year from 2004-2007.
- Ranked the #1 CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNERTM in West Michigan by the Grand Rapids Business Journal in 2011, 2012 and 2013. ***
- Ranked in the 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 Financial Times list of the Top 400 Financial Advisors.******
- Out of more than 12,000 advisors in a leading national financial planning firm, Charles Zhang was ranked #1 by the time he was 29.
- COUR Member (The Committee on University Resources) - Harvard University
- Steering Committee Member for Columbia College - Columbia University
- Benefactor of Columbia University
- Previous adjunct professor of Finance at Western Michigan University and served on the advisory board for the Haworth College of Business.
- Author of the book "Make Yourself a Millionaire" (McGraw-Hill, 2003)
- Often interviewed and quoted by many national media outlets including Wall Street Journal, CNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Barron's, Reuter's, Associated Press, Forbes, Yahoo! Finance, U.S. News & World Report, CNN, MSN Money, Fox Business, PBS, and Financial Times.
*As reported in Barron's February 18, 2013, February 22, 2014, February 23, 2015, March 5, 2016, and March 4 , 2017. Based on assets under management, revenue produced for the firm, regulatory record, quality of practice, philanthropic work and other factors.
**As reported in Barron's August 22, 2015, August 27, 2016, and September 15, 2017. The ranking reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms, the quality of the advisors' practices and other factors.
***As reported in Forbes September 26, 2017. The ranking, developed by our partner Shook Research, is based on in-person and telephone due-diligence meetings and a ranking algorithm for advisors who have a minimum of seven years of experience. We consider client retention, industry experience, compliance records and firm nominations as well as quantitative criteria such as assets under management and revenue generated for their firms.
****Ranking based on assets under management and other factors.
*****As reported in Barron's April 15, 2013. Based on volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms, quality of the advisors' practices and other factors.
******Rankings based on advisors assets under management, AUM growth rate, compliance record, years of experience, industry certifications and online accessibility.