Charles Zhang, CFP®, MBA, MSFS, ChFC, CLU
Managing Partner & CEO
- MBA - Kellogg School of Management, Northwestern University
- Executive Education - Harvard Business School
- MA in Economics - Western Michigan University
- Executive Education - Columbia University
- MS in Financial Services - The Institute of Business and Finance.
- NAPFA - Registered Financial Advisor
- Charles Zhang was named the #1 Financial Advisor in Michigan by Barron's in 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016 and 2017. *
- Charles was ranked #4 on Barron's list of the nation's Top 100 Independent Financial Advisors for 2017 and is the highest ranked Fee-Only NAPFA-Registered Financial Advisor on the list.**
- Ranked #8 in the nation on Forbes' list of America's Top Wealth Advisors for 2017 and is the highest ranked NAPFA fee-only Financial Advisor on the list .***
- Out of more than 12,000 advisors in a leading national financial planning firm, Charles Zhang was ranked #1 by the time he was 29.
- COUR Member (The Committee on University Resources) - Harvard University
- Steering Committee Member for Columbia College - Columbia University
- Benefactor of Columbia University
- Previous adjunct professor of Finance at Western Michigan University and served on the advisory board for the Haworth College of Business.
- Author of the book "Make Yourself a Millionaire" (McGraw-Hill, 2003)
- Often interviewed and quoted by many national media outlets including Wall Street Journal, CNBC, New York Times, Washington Post, Chicago Tribune, Barron's, Reuter's, Associated Press, Forbes, Yahoo! Finance, U.S. News & World Report, CNN, MSN Money, Fox Business, PBS, and Financial Times.
*As reported in Barron's February 18, 2013, February 22, 2014, February 23, 2015, March 5, 2016, and March 4 , 2017. Based on assets under management, revenue produced for the firm, regulatory record, quality of practice, philanthropic work and other factors.
**As reported in Barron's September 15, 2017. The ranking reflects the volume of assets overseen by the advisors and their teams, revenues generated for the firms, the quality of the advisors' practices and other factors. For fee-only status see NAPFA.org.
***As reported in Forbes September 26, 2017. The ranking, developed by our partner Shook Research, is based on in-person and telephone due-diligence meetings and a ranking algorithm for advisors who have a minimum of seven years of experience. We consider client retention, industry experience, compliance records and firm nominations as well as quantitative criteria such as assets under management and revenue generated for their firms.